Friday, September 4, 2009

The Author's Return to the Blog and the Beginning of a New Semester

Dear readers, all two (plus or minus two) of you, I’m sorry for the long delay. I promise to be better as I embark on this new semester!
Since I’m sure the world was waiting on pins and needles to hear the conclusion of the great serialized adventure of Poggio Colla, I can assure you that the season ended smoothly and we all had a lovely time. It was incredibly hectic, with finds coming down from the hill and from the conservation lab up until the last moment (including fragments of an entire pithos washed out of PC 34), but in the end everything ended up boxed, organized, and filed in the museum basement in Vicchio. I had an absolutely wonderful summer, and I definitely hope to return to Poggio Colla one day.
But Vicchio is ancient history by now, and I’ve moved on to the British American Drama Academy in London. I just arrived today, and am ending the longest day ever. I flew overnight, meaning that I didn’t sleep, but I’m doing the tried-and-true method of conquering jet-lag wherein I just don’t sleep. I’m exhausted, but about to go to bed, and I couldn’t be more grateful.
BADA seems pretty great so far – I’ve moved into a cute flat near Oxford St. with three other girls, all of whom are a lot of fun. We’ve got tomorrow off to orient ourselves, then on Sunday we’ll all meet up and learn what exactly it is that we’re doing here (since I certainly don’t know what to expect!). I can’t wait to see London or start my classes. But more importantly, I can’t wait to sleep.

2 comments:

  1. Great post! We love hearing about your adventures whether in Italy or UK. Hope you get lots of sleep. Can't wait to hear just what it is that you will be doing there.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. so I just talked to you but I la la la love you and you better be online all the time... also you have to skype with james and me!! we miss you SO much.

    & thanks for the boots elizabeth! hehe

    ReplyDelete